There is a lot of talk about making money with the Amazon affiliate program: some people (like Robin and Leslie, who make money with Amazon affiliate links) love working with Amazon and promoting physical products, while others complain that because the cookie is so short, there is no way to make good money.
Which camp are you in? Have your efforts failed to produce the income you wanted? Or are you successful in your efforts to make money with amazon?
Can You Make Money With Amazon Affiliate Links?
I’ve been promoting physical products from Amazon.com for a few years , and never made a lot of money, but recently, after I found Pajama Affiliates and started following their methods, this past month I made a few hundreds from a blog that’s only about 6 months old. I know it’s not a lot, but I literally just started to follow their methods at the end of August, after concentrating on getting ad income (which didn’t work so well).
This year I expect to have a very good fourth quarter.
Mistakes to avoid while making money with Amazon
I’ve made some mistakes along the way, and I’ll list them here, so you can avoid them:
- went after niches that were way too tight, so traffic was not enough to make a huge difference
- promoted items that were too expensive (while you want to promote items over $100, going for luxury watches, for example, you won’t see too much activity).
- got into too many micro-niches, spreading myself too thin. It’s a lot easier to promote one or two niches, as opposed or 10 or 15.
How to make money with Amazon’s affiliate program
Now, here are some of the things that will help you succeed in promoting physical products from Amazon.com:
- choose products with varied prices: low priced items are impulse buys and those increase your monthly affiliate percentage, while the higher priced items will give you a higher per product commission.
- make sure the products you want to promote have at least 10-15 good reviews: social proof will help you sell more
- write a detailed review, rather than copying the short description from the product page. Add lots of pictures you take (if possible), and talk about your experience with the product you’re reviewing. Tell stories, and transport the reader to an imaginary world where they have to have your product
- sprinkle some customer reviews in your review (just pick a sentence, not the whole review, since that is against the rules, and give the proper attribution with a link to the rest of the review)
- use Easy Product Displays to create your Amazon displays. I’ll share a display below, so you can see how it looks. This made a HUGE difference in my Amazon sales!
Adult Coloring Book: Magic Christmas : for Relaxation Meditation Blessing Christmas Decorations Happy Santa Toilet Seat Cover and Rug SetChristmas-opoly – the perfect game for Christmas gatherings!
There is a lot more detail that you can put into promoting with the Amazon affiliate program. My best recommendation is to get Robin and Leslie’s Affiliate Marketing for Amazon Masterclass! You’ll love it and your income will increase. They also have a Facebook group where they give daily encouragement and feedback.