Earlier today, I was talking to a friend about how to add an amazon affiliate link on wordpress, and I thought others may have the same question.
I am sure there is more than one way to do this, but here is how I do it: it works great and it’s easy to implement if you want to make money with amazon affiliate links.
How to add an Amazon affiliate link on wordpress
Let’s say I want to link to a Wireless USB Plantronics Headset, since a lot of us, internet marketers need a headset.
Here are the steps I usually go through:
1. Find the item I want to add to my page on on Amazon
2. Click on the HTML tab here in my WordPress, so I can add the code (if you add it into the visual tab you’ll end up with code on your page, instead of a picture or a link).
3. If I want my picture to be surrounded by text, I’ll add this code: <div style=”float:left;margin:15px;”></div>. It will give me the option to align the picture left or right, whichever fits my page better, and also gives me some white space around the image, so that the text doesn’t go up against my picture.
4. Then, I’ll go to Amazon and get my code. If you are logged into your account, you’ll have a stripe at the top of your page, and here you can choose what type of link you want to add to your wordpress site.
Make sure you choose the tracking ID specific to the project you are working on, so you can track where your sales are coming from. You can create tracking IDs specific to a site, or even specific to a page. Don’t use the same ID on all your sites: you’ll never know what’s working and what’s not.
5. After you choose your specific tracking ID, you can choose what type of link you want. Here’s what you’ll see, depending on which typo of link you want.
If you want to use a text link, you’ll see this: I always choose the short link to keep things tidy.
If using a combination of text and image, it will look like this:
And if you choose an image link, it will give you the option to choose the size of your image. It will look like this:
6. Now go back to your site, click in between the <div> brackets, and paste the code there: you now have your link to amazon.
A better option!
Do you have any questions? Feel free to ask them below.
This is how I’ve been adding links to my wordpress sites for many years, but a few months ago, I came across a service that helps me create my image links a lot easier and more attractive! It’s called easy product displays, and works not only with Amazon, but also with Share a sale merchants and Zazzle. You can also create beautiful displays for other merchants by entering just a bit of information. This way, all your images are uniform on your site.
Here’s how a link to the above headset looks like:
Plantronics Voyager Legend Wireless Bluetooth Headset – Compatible with iPhone, Android, and Other Leading Smartphones – Black
This is the largest size possible, but you can also create smaller images that you align to one side or the other, or you can create product showcases, like this:
Nikon KeyMission 360 4K Ultra HD Action Camera with Built-in Wi-Fi + 32GB Micro SDHC Memory Card + Digital Compact Bag + 433Csmart Octopus Style Portable and adjustable Tripod Stand Holder for iPhone, Cellphone ,Camera with Universal Clip and Remote (Black)NCH Software Video Essentials